Our strategic objectives
Strategic objectives are the things we must do in order to make progress on our mission and vision.
Our new strategic objectives are:
- To provide outstanding care for patients
- To deliver our financial plan and key performance targets
- To be in the top 20 per cent of NHS employers
- To be a continually learning organisation
- To collaborate effectively with local and regional partners.
Everyone who works in our organisation should be able to show how their own personal objectives or job plan will help to achieve one or more of these five strategic objectives.
These five strategic objectives replace a variety of statements that were previously used to identify organisational priorities.
Strategic objectives are more short term than the mission or vision statement; the timescale ranges from one to three years, depending on the objective.